My iPad Air2 just had a forced update to ios11.

Frank

02 Nov, 2017 06:55 AM

My iPad Air2 just had a forced update to ios11.
Now MudMaps2 is just crashing when I try to open it.

Is it correct that it is not compatible with ios11?
I’m assuming there is a newer version of MudMaps out?
If so how much of a discount can I expect for repurchasing this software please?
Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 06 Nov, 2017 08:16 AM

Hi Frank,

For Mud Map 2 users, upgrading to iOS11 will cause major compatibility issues.
    Mud Map 2 was superseded by Mud Map 3 nearly 2 years. During this time, Mud Map 2 has received numerous compatibility updates. Even though updates are a cost to my business, they have been provided for free. However there comes a point when this practice becomes unreasonable and iOS 11 is that point.

What does this mean for Mud Map 2 users?

• If you wish to continue using Mud Map 2, DO NOT upgrade to iOS11. Mud Map 2 will keep working just fine.

• If you upgrade to iOS 11, we recommend using Mud Map 3.

Mud Map 3 comes with more detailed maps, features and better usability. It’s fully compatible with iOS11 and will receive ongoing updates for the foreseeable future.

Normally $99, but for existing mm2 customers, you can get a $25 rebate by sending in your MM3 invoice.

Mud Map 3 is available from the App Store

2. 2 Posted by frankfsp on 06 Nov, 2017 09:54 AM

Li,

“Normally $99, but for existing mm2 customers, you can get a $25 rebate by sending in your MM3 invoice”

I purchased MM2 via the Apple App Store on my IPad Air2 several years ago.
    How do I get/find this invoice so I can receive the rebate?
    I understand your need to continue receiving an income, but as you well know your software competes with several others with similar features.
    I would prefer to continue to support MMaps as I think it’s a great Australian product.

However like many other customers who have been burned with the MM to MM2 update and now with the MM2 to MM3 update, if I have to jump through too many hoops to access what at this stage I believe is a minor rebate of 25%, I will go elsewhere.
    Your update cycle is basically a resubscription. Wouldn’t you just be better off with offering your software as a yearly subscription for $25–$30? That’s what it amounts to now.
    It would be more honest and I feel less alienating of your loyal customers who are trying to support you?

Regards,
    Frank Styevko

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 08 Nov, 2017 10:15 AM

Hi Frank,

Appreciate your candid feedback.

To clarify, I can issue a rebate when you send in the MM3 invoice. I don't need the MM2 invoice.

As for the subscription model, I tried this approach 4 years back but had very little uptake.

4. 4 Posted by frankfsp on 08 Nov, 2017 01:45 PM

If I purchase MM3, via the Apple store, how do I get an invoice to send you?

Where do I find it? I have made many purchases through the iTunes Store and don’t recall getting invoices. Just a debit showing on my iTunes account.

Assuming I can get this invoice, how am I reimbursed and how long does this take?

Do you have a list of instructions somewhere? I’ve looked on your website and can’t find anything.

Regards,
    Frank Styevko

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Li Xia on 12 Nov, 2017 07:18 AM

Apple will email you the invoice after your purchase. You can reply to this email or send it directly to my email [email blocked]

Rebates are processed within 5 working days.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Nov, 2017 11:23 PM
16 Nov, 2017 11:18 PM
16 Nov, 2017 10:10 PM