IOS 11

Martin

03 Nov, 2017 10:14 PM

Since updating to IOS 11 I am unable to use MM2.
This happened to me once before after I had purchased your original MM1 because of an iOS upgrade.
We got the issue sorted and I remained a loyal customer and purchasing even more maps.
Now here we go again!
I have invested a considerable amount of money into MudMaps and it seems I may have to cough up yet again to continue to use your app.
I feel that this is grossly unfair.
I simply cannot afford to re-purchase your app every couple of years just because you don't want to amend it to work with the current system.
I also don't want to not upgrade every current iOS in the future just because I will lose the ability to continue to use an app I have paid for more than once in the past.
Resolve please.
Martin

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 06 Nov, 2017 08:28 AM

For Mud Map 2 users, upgrading to iOS11 will cause major compatibility issues.
    Mud Map 2 was superseded by Mud Map 3 nearly 2 years. During this time, Mud Map 2 has received numerous compatibility updates. Even though updates are a cost to my business, they have been provided for free. However there comes a point when this practice becomes unreasonable and iOS 11 is that point.

What does this mean for Mud Map 2 users?

• If you wish to continue using Mud Map 2, DO NOT upgrade to iOS11. Mud Map 2 will keep working just fine.

• If you upgrade to iOS 11, we recommend using Mud Map 3.

Mud Map 3 comes with more detailed maps, features and better usability. It’s fully compatible with iOS11 and will receive ongoing updates for the foreseeable future.

Normally $99, but for existing mm2 customers, you can get a $25 rebate by sending in your MM3 invoice.

2. 2 Posted by Martin Clegg on 06 Nov, 2017 10:23 PM

This appears to be an automated generic response to the issue.
    Did you read my post?
    Why shouldn’t I be able to update my iOS in the future just because I want to use an app that I have already paid for twice?
    So I purchase the app for the third time and in another year or two MM4 will be out and the process will repeat itself!
    Then you have the audacity to offer me a mere $25 discount off the price to update. Are you kidding?
    Not only have I paid twice for the app in the past to keep it going but I have also dished out more expense for additional maps which will be redundant if I choose not to upgrade for the third time.
    If this is the business model you base yourself upon then please be a little more transparent in the App Store informing people of what to expect.
    It may be at your expense to keep the app running on the Apple platform but the ultimate expense will be when word gets out that MudMaps is a very greedy deceptive scam and you will loose all your customers!
    I believe I have a consumer right to have a version of MudMaps that works on a iPad and Iphone as depicted when I initially made the purchase.
    If this is not deemed possible then I will have no option to take the matter further to find out what my rights are as a customer.
    Bad publicity will do your business no favours in the long run and needs to be weighed up against the additional expense incurred to keep the app running on a current iOS.

Martin

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 08 Nov, 2017 10:21 AM

Hi Martin, thanks for sharing your perspective. I'm afraid I can't meet your requests.

4. 4 Posted by Martin Clegg on 08 Nov, 2017 09:34 PM

Your pathetic! Hope your company fails!

5. Li Xia closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2017 07:20 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Nov, 2017 11:23 PM
16 Nov, 2017 11:18 PM
16 Nov, 2017 10:10 PM