Mudmaps 2 / iOS 11 / no support or upgrade

Danny

20 Nov, 2017 11:03 PM

Hi there,

I’ve had no response from emails.

1. iOS 11 was released in September 2017.
2. I upgraded to iOS 11 - just like I’ve upgraded each other iOS upgrade.
3. When I went to use Mudmaps on my phone, I find it doesn’t work.
4. Every other iOS change has worked fine.
5. I attempted emailing your team twice asking for help and the last time it bounced back saying the serve is full - in other words, you haven’t cleared your emails.
6. Looking at your support page, you state if we wish to keep using mud maps 2, don’t upgrade to iOS 11.

This was DATED 11 OCTOBER. A couple weeks after iOS 11 was released.

7. That page, which I have a screenshot of, states “we recommend using mud maps 3” which will cost $99, but you’ll refund us $25 upon presentation of receipt.

At no time was there notification sent that you’d stop supporting Mudmaps 2 if we upgraded to iOS 11. And now, the only option you’ve given us is to pay for a new copy of your latest software.

My point here is, if I had been notified that you’d cease support of my hardware device with a certain operating system I would have been able to make a decision whether to upgrade the iOS or not. But that didn’t happen. But you’ve made no proactive notification to users that you would cease support of your earlier product...and now we either have to buy the new version at $75, or we lose the use of the product THAT WE HAVE PAID FOR.

Not to mention the money paid for downloaded maps which are effectively useless for any other application, but yours!

To resolve this, I ask that you provide an upgrade to mud maps 2 to enable us to keep using the product on which ever iOS we choose to use, or, provide upgrade to your latest software that DOES work on our devices.

I hope you can appreciate where this mishandled course of events has left paid users of your product...

I can’t see my way clear to understanding how this is deemed fair trading.....?

I look forward to your response here on this forum.

Danny.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 21 Nov, 2017 07:39 AM

Hi Danny, you make a good point and I do see it from your point of you. I would love nothing more than to give everyone a free upgrade but that's not realistic. That being said, I will up the upgrade rebate from $25 to $35.

2. 2 Posted by Danny on 22 Nov, 2017 04:39 AM

Hi Li,

I appreciate you replying to me.

I maintain this isn’t fair trading and the product and service has not met the expectations set out to me when I paid for the product. I’ll forward this to Fair Trading for their take on this.

Please retain this in the public forum for the benefit of other users.

Thanks.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Dec, 2017 01:47 AM
13 Dec, 2017 08:24 AM
13 Dec, 2017 05:10 AM