Mud Map 2

Craig Van Der Hoeven

12 Apr, 2018 05:19 AM

Hey there,
I’ve just gone to use my Mud Map app on my iPhone and it’s not working! The app just goes black then crashes??? Just wondering why this is???

Thanks Craig

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 19 Apr, 2018 02:08 AM

Hi Craig,

I assume you are referring to Mud Map 2 (orange app icon).

Mud Map 2 was superseded by Mud Map 3 nearly 2 years. During this time, Mud Map 2 has received numerous compatibility updates. Even though updates are a cost to my business, they have been provided for free. However there comes a point when this practice becomes unreasonable and iOS 11 is that point.

What does this mean for you?

• If you wish to continue using Mud Map 2, DO NOT upgrade to iOS11. The app will keep working just fine.

• If you upgrade to iOS 11, we recommend using Mud Map 3.

Mud Map 3 comes with more detailed maps, features and better usability. It’s fully compatible with iOS11 and will receive ongoing updates for the foreseeable future.

Normally $99, but as an existing customer, you can get a $25 rebate by sending in your MM3 invoice.

Mud Map 3 is available from the App Store

2. 2 Posted by Craig Van Der H... on 21 Apr, 2018 08:19 AM

Hey,

How is that a reasonable solution??? People had to pay $149.99 (if I remember correctly) for an app that now no longer works and all you offer is a slightly discounted price! I can’t imagine that I am the first person to be disappointed with this service and solution. Surely you can do better than that???

Craig

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 30 Apr, 2018 12:20 AM

Craig, I understand where you are coming from. Apps like most software require ongoing maintenance, which is a component of the initial purchase price. After 4 years of free updates, it's no longer commercially feasible to provide ongoing updates at no cost.

4. 4 Posted by Craig Van Der H... on 30 Apr, 2018 05:10 AM

I still feel this is poor on the company’s part! I don’t see why I should have too pay $75 just to keep using your app! I think I might shop around and see if I can find something else before I thing about giving you more money for a sub par app...

Thanks Craig

Sent from my iPhone

5. Li Xia closed this discussion on 01 May, 2018 12:52 AM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Oct, 2018 10:56 AM
22 Oct, 2018 08:38 AM
22 Oct, 2018 07:49 AM