Mud map2 app

Daniel

01 Jul, 2018 10:56 AM

Good afternoon, I’m having trouble with you mudmap 2 app running on my iPad it won’t open at all. I initially thought it was my device but have ruled that out now. Could you please offer some insight into what could possibly be wrong, you app was very expensive so I’d expect it work when needed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 02 Jul, 2018 10:29 AM

Daniel,

Mud Map 2 was superseded by Mud Map 3 nearly 2 years. During this time, Mud Map 2 has received numerous compatibility updates. Even though updates are a cost to my business, they have been provided for free. However there comes a point when this practice becomes unreasonable and iOS 11 is that point.

What does this mean for you?

• If you wish to continue using Mud Map 2, DO NOT upgrade to iOS11. The app will keep working just fine.

• If you upgrade to iOS 11, we recommend using Mud Map 3.

Mud Map 3 comes with more detailed maps, features and better usability. It’s fully compatible with iOS11 and will receive ongoing updates for the foreseeable future.

Normally $99, but as an existing customer, you can get a $25 rebate by sending in your MM3 invoice.

Mud Map 3 is available from the App Store

2. 2 Posted by Daniel Crawford... on 02 Jul, 2018 11:21 PM

So I paid basically $100 for MM2 and now that doesn’t receive updates so it will work? The solution being paying another $99 ($75 after rebate) to get the next version that you will probably replace with MM4 soon and I’ll be in the same position.

What detailed maps (100k or better) do you have for Western Australia included in MM3 to make it worth spending yet another $100 on your apps?

Kind Regards

Daniel Crawford-Ferguson

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 04 Jul, 2018 09:41 AM

Mud Map 3 has 50K maps across the eastern states. Coverage of WA is at 250K, which I assume is not to your expectations?

4. 4 Posted by Daniel Crawford... on 04 Jul, 2018 01:09 PM

250k is great if your not sure where WA is but very average if you intend on driving around it!
    For years now I’ve been waiting on someone to cater to customers in WA with an actual detailed map set.

Kind Regards

Daniel Crawford-Ferguson

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Li Xia on 05 Jul, 2018 09:21 AM

How well did THE MAP in MM2 cater to your needs in WA?

6. 6 Posted by Daniel Crawford... on 05 Jul, 2018 09:33 AM

It was ok for general touring but I found I would always have to switch to Memory-Map with the WA topo map set (now WA topi ed2) to get any real detail especially in the Southwest where I live getting detailed track such as along rivers and creeks and also up to date map. I found “the map” was fine for the bigger well used roads.

I’m currently using Hema Explorer as well but have endless problems with the offline maps.

Ultimately it would be nice to get everything all in one app.

Kind Regards

Daniel Crawford-Ferguson

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Li Xia on 06 Jul, 2018 10:27 AM

That's the drea.

What issues are you running in to with Offline mode in Hema?

8. 8 Posted by Daniel Crawford... on 06 Jul, 2018 11:18 AM

Mainly it keeps deleting my downloaded maps and areas I’ve specifically downloaded. Will be fine for a while then I’ll be traveling an area previously downloaded ( no service area) and it’s dropped map completely or just the high zoom part so I have no detail.

Kind Regards

Daniel Crawford-Ferguson

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Li Xia on 10 Jul, 2018 09:40 AM

I can see how that is hugely frustrating!

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Jul, 2018 12:02 PM
17 Jul, 2018 07:38 AM
17 Jul, 2018 07:36 AM