Satellite Map View not loading on iPad PRO V2 or iPhone 7+. MUDMAP 3

Dennis Loomes

12 Aug, 2018 08:17 PM

I’m having problems with loading the satellite view of maps in the MUDMAP 3 APP on both of my devices. This has worked fine for a year and now I’m have trouble. When the satellite view is selected all I seem to get is the loading indication and nothing else. I have very good 4G signal on the devices? Both devices on the APP are set to use mobile data. I’m predominantly in Western Australia at the moment as I reside there.
Regards Dennis.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 14 Aug, 2018 11:13 AM

Hi Dennis,

Sorry to hear about this terrible experience. To my knowledge, there are no issues with displaying satellite maps. I was able to view satellite maps using the latest version.

A fresh install might fix this issue. First delete the app from the device then go to App Store > Purchased and redownload it for free.

2. 2 Posted by Dennis Bigpond on 15 Aug, 2018 04:20 AM

Li Xia,If I re-install the APP will I have to download all of the maps I have again, about 27Gbits?Regards Dennis

With Regards,Dennis Loomes0428 314 303

3. 3 Posted by Dennis Bigpond on 16 Aug, 2018 06:16 AM

If I delete the APP I will lose all 27Gbit of maps stored on the devices? I will then need to reload all of them to each device?? Is that correct?Dennis

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Li Xia on 18 Aug, 2018 12:48 AM

Yes, you will be required to reinstall the maps.

5. 5 Posted by Dennis Bigpond on 18 Aug, 2018 01:36 AM

Li Xia,I have re-installed the APP on my iPhone 7+ and only the off road tracks map and the problem still exists? Are there any special settings that should be set to get this working?Dennis.

6. Support Staff 6 Posted by Li Xia on 20 Aug, 2018 09:58 AM

Sorry to hear about this terrible experience. To clarify, you deleted Mud Map 3 from your device, redownloaded it from the App Store and the satellite maps are not appearing?

If so, can you describe the steps you are taking to call up the satellite maps?

Lastly, what version of iOS are you using?

7. 7 Posted by Bigpond on 20 Aug, 2018 11:27 AM

Yes I have deleted the app completely, along went all of the maps as well. I have re-installed the APP from the store and it works fine using the the outback tracks map I have installed. When I have a position on the outback tracks map, I then press the maps icon and select satellite and all I get is loading symbol and nothing else. I have the latest software  update installed from Apple IOS 11.4.1. on both devices. As I have said previously all was working fine on both devices iPad Pro 12.9 v2 and iPhone 7+. The above deletion of the APP was carried out on the iPhone only as I am currently travelling and need to have one of them working.

With regardsDennis Loomes

8. Support Staff 8 Posted by Li Xia on 29 Aug, 2018 11:06 AM

Does the same thing happen if you are viewing a metro area?

9. 9 Posted by Bigpond on 29 Aug, 2018 11:10 AM

Li, Metro views seem to come up OK?

With regardsDennis Loomes

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Li Xia on 06 Sep, 2018 10:45 AM

OK, the issue you are running into is due to Apple maps lacking decent satellite map coverage in the regional areas you are interested in.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

18 Dec, 2018 10:55 AM
18 Dec, 2018 08:32 AM
18 Dec, 2018 06:09 AM