Mud Maps 2

Chris

11 Oct, 2019 01:00 AM

Hi, I purchased MM2 a few years ago and used it 4-5 times over a 12 month period in Victoria. To be honest I found it lacked any reasonable detail in the map and tracks and was on par with Google Maps which meant we were really getting nothing for our $99. Then, after 12 months it stopped opening altogether so a very disappointing overall experience. A) can you explain why MM2 just stopped working (making it an expensive dud) and B) Do owners of MM2 have to do a from-the-start purchase of MM3?
As you can imagine I can’t see any reason why I would do this so can you please clarify.
Thanks
Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 23 Oct, 2019 05:57 AM

Hi Chris,

A) Mud Map 2 was sold for fix fee so new updates were made available throughout its 4 year lifespan. About 2 years ago, we stopped providing updates to Mud Map 2. Since then, Apple has released a number of updates to iOS, which eventually broke compatibility with Mud Map 2 in iOS 11.

B) With Mud Map 3 yes. Another option is to get BillyGoat which is our latest app. BillyGoat doesn't have the drawback of ongoing support like Mud Map as premium features are made accessible via a subscription model.

BillyGoat is available from the App store. It's free to use so you can try it out and see for yourself whether its the right fit.

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/billy-goat-offroad/id1444499634

2. 2 Posted by Chris Carr on 23 Oct, 2019 09:58 AM

Hi Li,

First up thanks for your reply. To be honest I found MM2 to be an average off road program particularly for the upfront fee and then the relatively short life span so I’m not feeling inclined to buy MM3 at this point when there are so many other choices.

With MM2 there was no ability to trial it first or run it, it was straight “suck it and see” and perhaps a shame MM3 has not been made available as a trial or even passed to the MM2 owners as a goodwill gesture.

Again thanks for your reply.

Regards
    Chris

Sent from my iPad

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 28 Oct, 2019 06:13 AM

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your candid feedback. Your thoughts were shared by a few others customers and as a result, when BillyGoat was developed, it was designed to be a free to use app, i.e most features are free, including offline mapping and moving map. We need to make a living developing these apps so pro features such as routing and trackloging are accessible as a paid upgrade. This approach allows customers to trial the app without any risk so you can decide whether its the right app for your needs.

https://apps.apple.com/au/app/billy-goat-offroad/id1444499634

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

04 Dec, 2019 08:21 AM
26 Nov, 2019 10:08 AM
25 Nov, 2019 09:30 AM