Australian maps

phil

08 Jun, 2012 01:12 AM

I currently have topo maps. My partner now has a iPad. If we download mud map hd. For $149. Do these maps cover all of Australia ?
Where can I look at a sample map

1. 1 Posted by phil on 13 Jun, 2012 01:39 AM

I was looking at downloading this new HD one on my partners ipad,, but all I read is bad reveiws of the whole setup. Cam I still not download Itopo maps into Mud Map ??

Phillip Hobbs.

On 08/06/2012, at 11:13 AM, MUD MAP wrote:

Hello Phillip Hobbs!

This is an automated response from Mud Map to acknowledge that we have received your Question(s). Thank you very much for your inquiry. You should be hearing back from our staff shortly. We respond to requests in the order that they are received. Most emails receive a response within 24 hours. (our office hours are Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST).

Based on your support request, we think you should check out the following articles in our Knowledge Base:

- "Downloading Maps" at http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/kb/apps/downloading-maps

We'll send an email to you (at [email blocked]) when we update your support request.
    Alternatively, you can keep track of this conversation at http://kb.mud-maps.com/help/discussions/questions/641-australian-maps

Thanks again!

Tom Green
    Customer Service Manager, Mud Map
    [email blocked]
    http://mud-maps.com

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Li Xia on 13 Jun, 2012 11:06 AM

Hi Phillip, Mud Map HD is the latest version of our Off Road GPS + Maps app for the iPad.

It's bundled with SmartTOPO and Westprint maps.

SmartTOPO provides coverage of all of australia and is a topographic map. You can expect a similar level of Detail to Google Terrain maps.

The 20 westprint maps are great for outback offroad touring, These maps can be previewed form our website along with each map's coverage.

A benefit of our apps is that you can add on additional maps that you prefer better. These are digital versions of paper topo/off road maps. We have over 3000 maps in the range for Australia. They can all be previewed from our online map store

SmartTOPO Australia provides more detail compared to the iTOPO maps which are 1:250,000. However, they are visually different. iTOPO maps was included in the previous versions but has been replaced by the Westprint maps. However, if you really like the iTOPO maps, they can be purchased and downloaded for use in the app too.

If you have other questions, just give me a shout any time.

3. 3 Posted by phil on 15 Jun, 2012 05:37 AM

Hi Tom,
    Can I still download the original app for my Ipad,, customers do not appear to be happy with the new maps,, Can i get alook at a Smart Topo or Westprinbt anywhere ??
    Regards,

Phillip Hobbs.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Li Xia on 15 Jun, 2012 06:21 AM

Thanks for getting back to us.

You can view the westprint maps on our website

Unfortunately, we don't have any tools to preview the SmartTOPO map, but if you look at Google maps terrain view, the data used in SmartTOPO is very similar.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Sep, 2019 03:40 AM
09 Sep, 2019 09:35 AM
09 Sep, 2019 09:33 AM