New Buyer

Mike Beanland

23 Mar, 2018 05:49 AM

Hi - I think I have tested every single software possible in the past few months for offroad motorbike adventure riding. None so far do what I want, each has certain issues. It is costing me a fortune in Maps and software, but I want the right one. Seriously I have 4WD almost every track in Australia, and am now starting to do more bike riding, which allows me to take tracks that my Jeep cannot as easily (or as cheaply) go. I am keen on mapping (I train chart work for Boating) and saw your community mud map project. I do that with my Navionics offshore and the chart is growing awesomely via making it easy for people to contribute.

So I was going to get your App to test, but was wondering:
1) if I had to do the whole buy the app then buy the maps 4 plus $ plus $ route that Hema do. Can Hem maps be imported into your App. Are maps from other apps able to move accross?
2) Can the map be made to centre or offset and to be course up, as this works best for following preplanned trails and on a bike it makes it easy to see at a quick glance what is coming up. Unlike a car where you can easily use north up, on a bike it needs to be a glimpse, so course up works best.
3) Can GPX files of tracks be imported and exported?
4) Can tracks routes waypoints etc be edited on a Mac, then transferred to the IOS device? I use iPhone, iPad and Mac. Also I have a few dedicated GPS units such as Garmin, but prefer to use the iPad and iPhone with an app.
Thanks - hopefully you are the last App I have to buy!!!
I am a member of the 2500 member Perth Adventure Riders Group and they use the Rever software but I KNOW many are waiting for me to find the best system and tell them. Week after week I go out testing and we talk about the problems after each ride.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 29 Mar, 2018 02:42 AM

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. Please find answers to your questions below.

1. Hema has locked their maps to their apps and devices. They can't be imported into 3rd part apps.

That being said, Mud Map 3 is bundled with Westprint maps (and many more), which are in everybit as good as the Hema maps.

1. Centering the map is a feature. Offset is not supported.
    2. Yes. Import and export of GPX is fully supported.
    3. Yes, you can edit your routes and waypoints on our website and edits will be downloaded by the app automatically.

Li.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Jun, 2018 10:18 AM
13 Jun, 2018 10:14 PM
13 Jun, 2018 09:10 AM