ZOOM on Mudmaps while riding:

john.mcgrath84

15 Jul, 2018 07:02 AM

Hello ALL,

I'm new to mud maps but have done two test runs on motorbike trials around Victoria and have some questions that i couldn't find answers to.

Zoom while on the move?
Im using iPhone 6 mounted to my bar on the dirt bike and struggle to see my location when approaching trail intersections. Is it possible to increase and hold zoom while riding? conversely, is it possible to zoom completely out to view entire map? I currently can only temporarily hold zoom in, and can not achieve zoom out to view entire map.

Over view of Vicmap series?
struggling to find places due to myself not being familiar with the names of all the areas in victoria. Is there a map i can display/download to Mudmaps that shows the entire Vicmap series played over Victoria? Ive found one online (see attached file) that i would love to import so i can view all the naming details required for me to select the right map to view in mudmaps.

Any other sweet tips or observations you have for trial riders would be received with much appreciation.

Happy trails,
John Mc

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 18 Jul, 2018 09:49 AM

Hi John,

I will do my best to help you through the challenges you are experiencing.

1. Can you please send me a video to better help me understand the issue you are having?

2. There is no feature to import images into the app and overlay them onto the map i'm afraid.

2. 2 Posted by john.mcgrath84 on 19 Aug, 2018 01:42 AM

Hi, sorry for the delay!

I did a little screen caption video on the way to work on a main road. Ive had trouble while on the trail seeing the map in a zoomed in mode while maintaining my location moving with the map as i go. Actually looks pretty good in the video on a main road but it is not so easy on the smaller moto bike trails

For another question regarding an over view map for VicMap series, is the a map in the VicMap series that display the entire state of Vic, with each map put together on display?? this would be ideal.

Anyways thank for getting back to the questions. Much appreciated and i hope to gain the full potential of your programme as it has been very useful already!

Regards,
    John

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 20 Aug, 2018 10:42 AM

I'm clear on what you are trying to achieve with zooming. Unlike google maps, Mud Map uses rater maps, which is an image of an actual paper map. Each map has a certain zoom range that can't be exceeded.

To see an overview of Victoria, I suggest switching to an overview map.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Oct, 2018 10:56 AM
22 Oct, 2018 08:38 AM
22 Oct, 2018 07:49 AM