When your server is down

John

27 Jan, 2018 12:14 AM

Hi I have just realised your having problems with your server, and as a result your having to answer customers problems. I'm quite annoyed as I was trying to download my iPad wifi only with some maps that I can only run offline and had problems downloading with constant failed results, on help questions from your website suggestion was to delete app and download again. I did this and then couldn't sign in, further investigation shows it's a problem at your end. When you are having issues may I suggest you send a blanket email to all your users as a courtesy to inform them of the problem and give a timeframe of when running again. This will avoid the poor guy from not being able to use it out on the tracks and from me having to download it again, and then I assume all the maps I had previously downloaded I have to down load again, this is a very big inconvenience deleting, re downloading app and then hours of maps to download again. A simple email to all of us would have avoided all the troubles today. Please give me your thoughts Li, and please confirm if I have to download all those maps I previously downloaded before deleting the app?
Please advise immediately via my email above so I don't have to waste time later doing this once the server is up and going.
Thanks john.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 29 Jan, 2018 08:17 AM

Hi John, sorry to have caused you this inconvenience. I'm pleased to say that the issue you have been experiencing has been fixed. You shouldn't have issues moving forward.

Since the app was deleted, you will have to redownload maps for offline use.

You make a fine point of notifying customers, I will include your suggestion into my process.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

16 Nov, 2018 04:08 AM
15 Nov, 2018 11:49 PM
15 Nov, 2018 01:52 PM