Apple Carplay

Justin

02 Jun, 2016 10:05 AM

Hi
I have both mud map 2 and mud map 3. The maps included in 3 are great. I do miss the ability to zoom out in the vector map to plan a longer journey. I switch to 2 for that now.

The best feature for me in the next version would be Apple CarPlay support. The ability to put mud map on the larger screen while off road would be great.

The other feature I miss is the screen rotation. My iPhone cradle is in landscape orientation so the lack of screen rotation in mud map 3 is annoying.

Cheers, Justin.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 02 Jun, 2016 10:21 PM

In regards to planning trips, have you downloaded base maps or touring maps in MM3?

Thanks for the feedback, will take both into consideration.

2. 2 Posted by Justin on 04 Jun, 2016 01:22 AM

Hi Li

I do have the touring maps and detailed maps of the areas I travel. The problem with using the larger scale maps is that you don't have enough detail to zoom in and place you marker pins. To do this, you need to change to detailed maps, then you can't zoom out enough to see enough of your route to get a good picture of where you're trying to head. That's where the vector map in MM2 was good.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 04 Jun, 2016 09:01 AM

I see. Given MM3's limitations to raster maps, what could we do to make this more seamless?

4. 4 Posted by Justin on 05 Jun, 2016 09:00 AM

Well, I guess changing maps with zoom levels would fix this.
    Not sure how the interface would stay intuitive though. Maybe zoom in to max on one map, then trying to zoom more opens the next detailed map under the zoom area. And of course the same zooming out.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Li Xia on 06 Jun, 2016 10:42 AM

Thanks for the feedback. We will take this into consideration.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac