Android Auto, Apple Car Play.

David Lewis

11 Dec, 2016 11:25 AM

Hi there,

I was wondering if you had future plans to have your app work with the aforementioned systems, Apple Car Play and Android Auto?
I plan to purchase a new head unit for my car and being able to use your app to navigate through the cars head unit would be fantastic and easier than a tablet setup.
I know it's still early days, but more cars are coming out with double din sized head units. Many replace the standard ones for touchscreen displays. This latest evolvement seems to allow easier integration and in theory would be the end to old and useless manufacturer satellite navigation head units (never as good as Google Maps) which stop being supported and then become obsolete while taking up a big part of the dash!
Car manufacturers are slowly adding these head units as standard fit.

I'm sure that it's much easier to ask than for you to update the program, but hopefully the more who ask, the closest it might become to happening.

Regards,

David

1. 1 Posted by David Lewis on 11 Dec, 2016 11:27 AM

Ahh, didn't realise this became a forum post of sorts. It seems a few have already requested the comparability. Well count this as one more vote!

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Li Xia on 12 Dec, 2016 10:15 AM

Appreciate the feedback.

Quick update on this subject. At this point in time, Android Auto is only accepting 3rd party apps in the audio / messaging category. Other apps such as mapping are blocked from providing android auto compatibility.

3. 3 Posted by David Lewis on 12 Dec, 2016 10:18 AM

Thanks for the honest reply. Do you know if there is planned future possibilities, or are Google quite quiet on the subject?

David

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Li Xia on 13 Dec, 2016 11:05 AM

When google makes mapping APIs available for Auto, we will certainly consider adding compatibility.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

21 Jan, 2018 02:16 PM
20 Jan, 2018 09:55 PM
20 Jan, 2018 09:25 PM