QLD sun-maps out of date

333bananas

20 Jan, 2017 11:42 PM

hi, I might be not the first one coming up with this. I recently installed newest MM and all maps. While being NSW I found uptodate maps but here in QLD I find Sunmaps as old as 1972 which you offer as being trusted by SES.
I can't use maps that old with my 4x4 truck, the hole trip would be influenced by guessing and trying.
Now the question: When do you find a deal purchasing uptodate QLD maps and making them avaliable? Is this going to happen anytime soon or do I have to source another map solution?
Chris

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 23 Jan, 2017 08:15 AM

When it comes to state based mapping, in many ways, we are limited by what is available for commercial licensing. For QLD, i'm afraid Sunmaps are the latest maps QLD government have made available. We are talking with them on a regular basis regarding map updates and will pass on any new information as it becomes available.

2. 2 Posted by 333bananas on 27 Jan, 2017 03:04 AM

Hi Li, thanks for explaining. You say you have licensing limitations with Gov in regards to Sunmap. I don't understand because you do offer Sunmaps all over QLD and I don't have problems with Sunmap as a map, just with the coverage with 25.000/1 maps and that those maps used are many decades old.
    I drove 300km north from Sunshine Coast to Bundaberg and the supplied map on the highway disappointed, and there is no detailed one covering Bundaberg,
    If I have a detailed outdated map and face dirt roads in NPs like recently a ring road in Marpleton NP I found myself half way through and stopped on a dead end.
    Could I have a refund, please?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 30 Jan, 2017 09:38 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I'm sorry that the maps didn't live up to your expectations. You can request a refund from iTunes by following instructions in this article.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/02/how-to-get-a-refund-from-the-app-...

4. 4 Posted by Chris Zettler on 30 Jan, 2017 10:20 AM

thanks Li,

I will have a look

cheers
    Chris

Sent from my iPhone

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Jul, 2018 12:02 PM
17 Jul, 2018 07:38 AM
17 Jul, 2018 07:36 AM