THEMAP... and MudMap version updates in general

jamie

24 Jul, 2017 09:56 AM

I'm still running MudMap2, and really don't want to 'upgrade' to MM3 because of the missing THEMAP feature. Unfortunately, this wonderful tool is getting more and more out of date because support for it has been dropped.

Additionally, I have already paid for 1:25k and 1:100k maps for MM2, so 'upgrading' to MM3 will mean I pay again for maps I have already bought.

I have to say I find the entire MudMap version saga to be a 'two steps forward and one step back' sort of process. Each time a new version comes out, you add some functionality and take other functionality away. So users have to work out whether what they like about the new version is worth losing the now-missing features of their current version, at least until they have no choice because the old one stops working due to iOS updates.

Can you please bring back the THEMAP feature. I found several people on these forums asking for it, and my friends running MM3 are amazed that it was removed having seen how good it is on my devices.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Li Xia on 25 Jul, 2017 11:48 AM

HI Jamie, thanks for the feedback. I understand your point of view and rest assured, dropping THEMAP was not an easy decision but ultimately, we felt it was the right decision.

2. 2 Posted by jamie on 25 Jul, 2017 12:08 PM

Can I ask what the issue was? Is THEMAP a 3rd party system that you had to pay for, or was it your system and the cost/logistics of keeping it up to date was the problem?

Would it be possible to make it an in-app purchase, or open-source it and allow a community to maintain it perhaps?

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Li Xia on 03 Aug, 2017 08:10 AM

It was later, the cost of maintaining compatibility was not feasible.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with Mud Map please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Jul, 2018 12:02 PM
17 Jul, 2018 07:38 AM
17 Jul, 2018 07:36 AM